470 Dinghy European Championships
Posted on : 21/08/2012
It has been a busy year on the water with lots to read and follow. In Italy, the 470 class of dinghy has had its European Championships with Italy & Germany coming out on top. Here is more from the class association......
Simon Sivitz Kosuta/Jas Farneti (ITA) trumped the fleet to claim the gold medal in the men/mixed event and Annika Bochmann/Elisabeth Panuschka (GER) won the gold in the women’s fleet – both holding onto their leading positions from the start of the Medal Race.
Teams enjoyed six days of racing on the challenging Lake Garda, in what were mainly breeze conditions, apart from Tuesday and Friday’s lighter days. Seventy nine 470 Men/Mixed teams and 29 470 Women teams from thirty nations contested the Championship titles, which also welcomed teams outside of Europe from Argentina, Australia, Chile and USA.
A great outcome for Great Britain and France, with both nations having teams on the podium in the 470 men/mixed and women events.
470 Men – Final Top 10
1. Simon SIVITZ KOSUTA/Jas FARNETI (ITA) - 33 pts
2. Mike WOOD/Hugh BRAYSHAW (GBR) - 47 pts
3. Kevin PEPONNET/Baptiste BERTHIER (FRA) - 56 pts
4. Alexander KAVVAS/George KAVVAS (GRE) - 60 pts
5. Clément IKHLEF/Clément PEQUIN (FRA) - 61 pts
6. Magnus MASILGE/Moritz KLINGENBERG (GER) - 62 pts
7. Sacha PELISSON/Nicolas ROSSI (FRA) - 85 pts
8. Benjamin BILDSTEIN/David HUSSL (AUT) - 85 pts
9. Antonios TSIMBOUKELIS/Alexandros Triantafyllos BAKAT (GRE) - 89 pts
10. Max DECKERS/Duko BOS (NED) - 104 pts
470 Women – Final Top 10
1. Annika Bochmann/Elisabeth Panuschka (GER) - 25 pts
2. Maëlenn Lemaître/Aloïse Retornaz (FRA) - 34 pts
3. Joanna Freeman/Katie Tomsett (GER) - 39 pts
4. Ewa Szczesna/Irmina Mrozek Gliszczynska (POL) - 40 pts
5. Amy Seabright/Eilidh Mcintyre (GBR) - 53 pts
6. Anna Burnet/Flora Stewart (GBR) - 67 pts
7. Linda Fahrni/Maja Siegenthaler (SUI) - 95 pts
8. Roberta Caputo/Giulia PAOLILLO (ITA) - 99 pts
9. Nadine Böhm/Karoline Göltzer (GER) - 106 pts
10. Sasha Ryan/Jaime Ryan (AUS) - 111 pts
The 2012 470 Junior European Championship medals were presented by Stanislav Kassarov, President of the International 470 Class Association, and the Championship Trophies presented by Mauro Stanga, President of Fraglia Vela Riva.
Sets of used sails were awarded to Joao Vilas-Boas/Tomas Camelo from Portugal and Kaloyan Ivanov/Yasen Obretenov from Bulgaria. As part of the 470 “You Can Help” programme, used sails donated by Canada’s Hannah Meers and Erin Flanagan were presented to the Lithuanian 470 teams.
First Triple-E Named
ISAF World Sailing Rankings June 2013
470 European Championships 2013
Volvo Ocean Race News
Volvo Ocean Race News
Class 470 European Championships 2013
Barcelona World Race News